Friday, March 14, 2008

I Got The Magic Stick « The Comeback Girl - Sent Using Google Toolbar

I Got The Magic Stick « The Comeback Girl

 
Snap Shots Options
Options
Disable
 
 
Close
Snap Shares for charity

I Got The Magic Stick

magicjack_20usb.jpg

Maybe one of the reasons I hate calling people (men) anybody, is because at last count I have six telephone numbers and devices. One for work (company branded mobile), one because it was the first telephone number I ever had as an adult (Sprint), one for personal/business (iphone-ATT), one POTs line in case I'm dying in my house and the other phones fail at e911 phase 2 location based routing, Skype because it was cute a year ago, and now drum roll…….Magic Jack.

This plug and play USB device is the best thing since sliced bread. Sound quality has been my major beef with VOIP (voice over IP) like products. Skype sounds like you're in a subbasement bathroom. Even some mobile devices that are now doing IP based signaling (not just the voice-SIP&MIP-keep your underwear on SBM!!!) which include most of the above carriers have some issues to over come with audio (oneway, echo etc).

I love this thing. I even tested it on a cordless device-so now we are introducing duplex frequency (similiar family to what many mobile phones are doing today.) And the quaility is better than skype or vonage. This thing has all the bells and whistles: caller id, voicemail, your own telephone number, 911 basic support per FCC mandate.

Of course the project engineer in me wants to run a full regression test plan on it. Also not sure if directory assistance has been incorporated (which is where most mobile/fixed phone companys make money) But thats for another more relaxed A.D.D. day.

For the budget minded Comeback Kids. Its 39.95 one time fee for the jack and 20 bucks a year.

March 14, 2008. Tags: . Comeback Products.

No Comments

Be the first to comment!

Leave a Reply

Trackback URI

sidebar

  • Your Favorite Comeback Girl In All The World

    me
  • The Cast of Acronyms

    "O"-Boyfriend-At-Large currently in Florida doing his "Grey's Anatomy" rotation prep thing at a Southern FL Community hospital. (age-32)
  • "JC"-(former suitor and resident pest) constantly uses the word "toiletries", which has me wondering about his sexual orientation. Belongs to a professional organization of which I am a member. (age-42)
  • Subscribe to the Comeback Feed

  • Blogroll

  • No comments: