Saturday, March 1, 2008

Does Your Life Have a Vision or are You Blowing in the Wind?



 
 

Sent to you by Gigi via Google Reader:

 
 

via PickTheBrain by John Wesley on 2/28/08

A friend of mine who owns his own painting business highly recommended the book, The E-Myth, so I had to check it out. I’m not quite through it yet, but already it’s changed the way I think about business and taught me many things I’ll be certainly apply throughout my career.

Perhaps the most powerful idea in the book (and one that is relevant to PTB) is the necessity of having direction in your life before you can create it in your business. This passage in particular resonated with me:

Great people have a vision of their lives that they practice emulating each and every day.

They go to work on their lives, not just in their lives.

Their lives are spent living out the vision they have of their future, in the present. They compare what they’ve done with what they intend to do. And where there’s a disparity between the two, they don’t wait very long to make up the difference.

They go to work on their lives, not just in their lives.

I believe it’s true that the difference between great people and everyone else is that great people create their lives actively, while everyone else is created by their lives, passively waiting to see where life takes them next.

The difference between the two is the difference between living fully and just existing.

The difference between the two is living intentionally and living by accident.

Are you living intentionally? For most of my life I wasn’t. I was waiting for life to find me. For my talent and passion to jump out and grab me. But it didn’t and it won’t. You have to find it for yourself.

Once you cross this barrier (and no one can do it for you), the life you desire starts falling place.


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: