Saturday, February 28, 2009

My First henna Treatment

This past Monday I did my first ever henna treatment. I have been hearing about it ever since I began my healthy hair journey last November. So after some intense weeks of research I decided to take the plunge.

I purchased 200g for 14 dollars from www.hennaforhair.com. I placed my order on the 18th and I got it on the 23rd. Most of what I read about how to prepare it mentioned adding water to it and an acid, such as lemon juice or acv, and letting it sit for 12 hours.

I didnt have 12 hours to sit. Really I did, but I was excited. I had heard Curly Nikki say that it made her hair stronger, thicker, split end proof and unbreakable.



My hair is a very thick 3ab, at neck length. I mixed 2 tangerines, remove the seeds first, I didnt. Next I added the Apple Cider Vinegar and I let it sit for an hour.

I then took my rat tail comb and parted my hair from right to left and applied it from root to end. When I finished I put on my shower cap and let the henna develop for 6 hours.

After I rinse my hair I added a moisturizer, and then flat twisted it with the EQP Mango Butter.

When I woke up the next morning my hair was very soft but strong. And all my gray was gone!!! I have more pics in my albums.






1 comment:

[flahy] [blak] [chik] said...

i'm going to have to try that!!