Monday, January 26, 2009

* Return to Georgia

Los Angeles was amazing. I had a great time.

Day 1 my BFF picked me up from the airport and we headed straight to my sister's house. My friend was telling us a story about her grandma walking around the house naked with the curtains open, and when she walked up grams was embarrassed. She thought her granddaughter was a stranger. FTFOLMAO

My sister and I went to the hospital to see my mom but she was having some procedure done, we waited two hours and then left. The BF and I saw Paul Blart Mall Cop. Not funny at all. But we still had a good time.

Day 2 It rained and poured. I didn't have and umbrella cause it had been 85 for the past 10 days. I should have known. Anyway I stopped in Koreatown on my way to the hospital. Some lady tried to sell me an umbrella for $30. I wanted to say, "Bitch are you crazy?" Instead I told her, no thank you, and found one instead for $2.99. That's what I'm talking about. I stopped in a Korean shopping mall. Everyone in there was looking at me crazy. Whatever. It's a free country. If you can sell liquor in my hood I can window shop in yours.

When i got to the hospital, the nurses were saying that my mom sleeps all day and that she cant talk, and blah blah blah. I kept calling out Mom until I heard her say, "What?" She would open her eyes real wide and look at me. I sat next to her and prayed. She would move her legs from side to side. She kept falling back to sleep so I would walk up to her and open them with my fingers like I did when I was a child. She used to hate that. I would too if I was sleeping.

It kinda sadden me to see her like that, but I didnt want her to know that, so I left and went to get some lunch. My girl Gladys' calls and i tell her I want to go to the Korean Spa to get scrubbed, my treat.

$45 a piece wasnt bad at all. First we got naked in the locker room and put on our robes. Next we went to the common room where the showers, hot tubs and saunas are. First we showered, and as I washed myself surrounded by beautiful women my inner lesbian came out. I was also really nervous. I'm alot more comfortable being naked in front of men than I am women.

We started at the mugwort tub. That sucker was hot. It took some time for my ahem, lil girl, to get adjusted to the temperature. Next was the cold tub. It's supposed to shrink pores. After that the mineral tub for more cleansing. I had to try the Jade Sauna. That sucker was so hot. I think some of my fat cells melted. Hell most of them.

After that we showered and took a nap on the Jade heated floor. That was the BOMB. A heated floor. That was worth $30 alone. Next a different sauna and then it was time to get scrubbed.

Have you had a Koran scrubbing? You need one. This woman wore some mitts and first she moistened my ski by pouring warm water over it, and then she scrubbed. It felt really good took. First face down, then on my back, and then on each side. She got my legs, in between my legs, my breast, my arm pit, all over my butt. I loved to the side of me and I saw these balls of.... da hell is that.... SKIN. EWWW

I'd rather have it off of me than on me. Then she put soap on and scrubbed me again. I needed that. I was squeaky CLEAN!

Day 3 I hung out with my girls. I finally held my friend's baby. He's only 6 mos, but he's huge. He already wearing clothes for a one year old. I saw Mom again. More praying. I told her that these prayers are going to permeate her entire body. I could tell that she was fighting and not ready to die, so that made me stronger. I told her that I was leaving but that I'd be back very soon to check on her.

Sunday i got into GA at 3:30pm. i dont know why my flight is always 30 minutes early getting in. My Boyfriend hadn't even left the house yet. I met decided to get on the train and meet him in the city.

I was very happy to see hat the house was still clean. And I;m very happy to be home.

1 comment:

clnmike said...

Sounds like a good trip.